Hi everyone! Valentine’s day is just around the corner. Some people call it a Hallmark Holiday while others take it as an opportunity to profess their undying love. Whether you celebrate it or not, the colours associated with Valentine’s day definitely make for a pretty #fotd.
For this look I went for a pink and purple eye look, fresh dewy skin and pretty pink lips.
Don’t mind the hair, I’ll make more of an effort when I actually have to leave the house.
1. Start with clean, well moisturized skin. Use a moisturize with SPF! See my current favourite here.
2. I applied Clinique Stay Matte foundation in 02 Alabaster with my favourite foundation brush.
3. Mix Elf Studio HD Blush in Headliner with Elf Shimmering Facial Whip in Pink Lemonade on the back of your hand. Apply to the tops of the apples of your cheeks and blend out with a duo fibre brush.
4. Powder is optional, if you have oily skin like me you’ll need a powder even if you’re going for a fresh, dewy look. For those with dry skin you can either use a translucent powder or a setting spray. I used Cover FX Pressed Mineral Foundation in G40 (formerly M40)
1. Prime the eyes with MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study
2. Sweep the light pink shade from Loreal Paris HIP Metallic Shadow Duo all across the lids. I extended mine slightly to create a V shape on the outer lid.
3. Line the upper lash line with a soft brown pencil liner.
4. Smudge out the brown liner with a smudge brush and the dark purple shadow from the Loreal eyeshadow duo.
5. Line the upper waterline with the same brown pencil
6. Curl eyelashes and apply lots of black mascara.
1. I prepped my lips with Aquaphor Healing Ointment
2. I lightly lined my lips with a nude lip liner and then blended the line in with my finger.
3. Lastly I lightly applied Too Faced lipstick in Marshmallow Bunny and blended that in with my fingers as well to achieve a very natural looking lip.
Thanks for checking in! If you like this post leave me a comment!
Follow me on Facebook and Instagram!