**Warning: this is a super long post**
I just want to thank everyone for all the support and the great feedback after my last post “Bad Skin Blues“. I will continue to blog about my skin story including skin care tips, successes and failures, as well as product picks.
Now let’s get to what this post is really about…I have been nominated for the Liebster award by 3 fabulous bloggers: Jacquie Navarro, Lipstick and Kittens, and Beautysins. So many thanks to these lovely ladies! Please go check out their blogs!
The rules for this award include answering the 11 questions the nominator has created for you, sharing 11 fun facts about yourself, choosing 11 nominees for the award and creating 11 questions for them to answer.
I’m going to tweak these rules slightly because I’ve just shared 7 pretty cool facts about myself for the Shine On Award and I have 3 sets of 11 questions from my nominators. I’ve combined the questions as some of them were quite similar.
- What is your favourite colour? My current favourite colour is purple. However green always has a place in my heart.
- What is your favourite way to get some exercise? I am trying to live a fairly active lifestyle. I switch it up between going to the gym or doing home-workouts. I also take my dog out for walks or hikes when we have enough time.
- Why did you start blogging? I am a self-proclaimed beauty and skincare enthusiast as well as a self taught makeup artist. Blogging started as a great way to promote my work as well as share everything that I learn.
- What are some techniques you use to promote your blog? I have a Facebook page and an instagram (find them in the sidebar –>). I also go by word of mouth as well as exposure by other bloggers.
- What is the one beauty product you can’t live without? A full coverage, natural matte finish foundation. I’ll be blogging about my current foundation favourites soon!
- Do you prefer to wear a lot of makeup or just the basics? It depends. When I’m going out and I have time I like to go all out! For work or running errands I tend to keep it more natural.
- What song could you listen to over and over again? Right now I’m obsessed with Riptide by Vance Joy.
- Who is an inspiration to you? My mom.
- What is your favourite quote? I have no idea. I come across so many that it’s too difficult to choose.
- Are you a dog person or a cat person? Dogs all the way.
- If you could change your name, what would you change it too? I like my name, I probably wouldn’t change it.
- What is your favourite lipstick? Spring is just around the corner so I’ve retired my red and oxblood lipsticks. Im actually searching for some pink, fuchsia, and peach coloured lipsticks for spring. Any suggestions would be great!
- Favourite perfume? Burberry Britt is one of my all time favourites, but recently I’ve been in love with Daisy by Marc Jacobs.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? I’m getting close to a point in my life where traveling is going to be possible. A trip to South America would be amazing!
- If you could see any musician in concert, who would it be? I love live music, whether I know the artist or not. If I could travel back in time I’d love to see Fleetwood Mac on their Rumours tour.
- Do you like to read? If so what is your favourite book? I love to read. I received a Kobo reader last Christmas which has made exploring new books much more convenient. One of my all time favourite books is Ender’s Game.
- What is your favourite movie? Forrest Gump
- Favourite trend? I’m not sure if this pertains to fashion, beauty, or what…so my favourite beauty trend for spring is a bright, punchy lip. It’s time to let go of dark lips.
- What is your favourite makeup line? Right now I’m quite impressed with NYX cosmetics and Benefit cosmetics.
- What is your dream job? I want to practice nursing around the world…and do bridal makeup on every day I have off.
- What is your favourite magazine? I’m a sucker for trashy mags such as People or US Weekly. I don’t like reading any of the stories but I love looking at celebrity makeup styles.
- Favourite food? Right now I love take out chinese food. I can’t get enough.
- What do you consider to be your guilty pleasure? Bad television…like The Bachelor.
Wheew! That was a lot! I’m not going to write down 11 facts about me…I feel like it’s just too much.
Here are my 11 questions for you!
- How did you choose the name for your blog?
- How much time do you spend blogging per week?
- If you could only use one beauty product for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your favourite drugstore makeup brand?
- What is your favourite high end makeup brand?
- In your opinion what celebrity has the best makeup style?
- What is your favourite fashion trend for Spring 2014?
- What is your favourite thing to eat for breakfast?
- What is your favourite restaurant?
- Are you a dog person or a cat person?
- What is your favourite movie?