I have a quick post today on a the makeup that I wore for my birthday a few days ago. I went for a dramatic eye look featuring a beautiful shimmering blue shadow that I am in LOVE with!
This look is very simple to do and if you want to find out how I did it keep reading!
I used two different palettes to achieve this look the Tarte NeutralEYES Natural Eyes Palette and the Sleek Makeup i-Divine in Oh So Special.
- I started with an eye primer.
- I used the matte navy eyeshadow from the Tarte palette to line the upper lash line and create a slightly winged shape at the outer corner. I then blended this until I was happy with how it looked.
- I used a matte mauve shade from the Sleek palette (bottom row, second in from the right side) and blended into my crease.
- I blended the two matte shades (mauve and blue) together until it looked seamless.
- I patted a shimmery navy blue from the Sleek palette (top row, second in from the right side) over the matte navy shadow. I then blended the edges of the shimmer so that it faded into the matte mauve colour.
- I used that same shimmery blue colour to line the outer 2/3 of my lower lashline.
- I used a black gel liner to create a thin line on my upper lashline.
- I used a pair of strip lashes to add thickness and length to my natural lashes.
- I coated my bottom lashes with 3 coats of mascara.
I was really pleased with how this eye look turned out! If you like this kind of look let me know in comments. I love reading feedback from you!