Hi everyone! Today I’m going to be talking about two products that I have enjoyed using. These products were given to me by a friend, Jeanette Weeks…click on her name for more information about her! 🙂
The first product is the Mary Kay Clear Proof Clarifying Cleansing Gel. Say that three times fast…
On the Mary Kay website you will find this run down of the product:
- Gently removes dirt, oil and complexion-dulling impurities.
- Deep cleanses skin to penetrate and clear pores.
- Helps reduce and control shine, leaving skin with a beautiful matte finish.
- Helps maintain a clear complexion.
- Does not strip skin of moisture.
- Leaves skin feeling smooth and fresh.
- Rinses clean with no residue.
It’s also fragrance-free, oil-free, non-comedogenic and suitable for sensitive skin.
This cleanser gets it done! It’s a clear gel that foams into a nice lather. It doesn’t have any distinct smell as it is fragrance free, which I love! FRAGRANCE DOES NOT EQUAL SKINCARE!!! So thank-you Mary Kay for leaving irritating fragrances out of a cleanser designed for already irritated skin…applause! I find that this cleanser effectively removes excess oil and dirt from my skin. I have tested it by using a toner on a white cotton pad after cleansing. Nothing shows up on the cotton pad! Yay! After using this cleanser my skin feels clean and soft. I don’t feel dried out at all. The only claim that Mary Kay makes about this cleanser that I cannot vouch for is whether it reduces and controls shine. My skin will grease through the best mattifying products on the market. About 1 hour after washing my face I can see the oil start to seep through my pores, but that’s okay because I have always been this way.
The second product I want to talk about is from the same line. It’s the Clear Proof Oil Free Moisturizer for Acne Prone Skin. What is with these hella-long names!? Aha! Anyways, here’s what Mary Kay says about this moisturizer:
- Replenishes moisture to provide balanced hydration.
- Is lightweight and quick-absorbing with no oily or greasy feel.
- Does not clog pores.
- Helps control excess oil, leaving skin with a beautiful matte finish.
- Feels soothing to irritated skin.
- Improves the appearance of skin’s tone.
- Helps skin feel healthier, nourished and smooth.
- Helps maintain skin’s moisture.
It also is non-comedogenic, suitable for sensitive and acne-prone skin, and clinically tested for skin irritancy and allergy.
I really like this moisturizer! It’s a gel-cream texture that feels absolutely amazing on my greasy face. I find that this moisturizer absorbs quite quickly and it doesn’t leave any sticky or oily-looking residue on my skin. I don’t think I have been using this product long enough to make a conclusive statement as to whether it has altered or improved the texture or appearance of my skin but after a few more weeks I’ll let you guys know. I have been rolling through different moisturizers for a while and none of them have really impressed me, but this one is definitely impressive. I will enjoy using every last drop of it!
Thanks for reading my review! If you’re interested in trying these products or any other Mary Kay products click here!