It is that time of year! Graduating from high school is a huge milestone…which means celebrating…which means party worthy makeup! Today I’m going to show you a dramatic eye look that’s perfect for graduation/prom. So let’s get started! First, I’d like to introduce you to my gorgeous cousin who is graduating this year.
For her upcoming grad I created an eye look that was fun and glamorous. She wanted to play up her eyes so we agreed to go with a gold and black colour scheme to make her peepers pop.
- Start with an eyeshadow primer. This makeup needs to last all night!
- Then blend a warm, matte brown just above the crease using windshield wiper motions. This swipe of colour above the crease serves as a gradient colour so that the darker colours on the outer V will appear to blend out smoothly.
- Use a matte black eyeshadow to shape out the outer V. Use a light hand and slowly build up the colour. Make sure you blend, blend, blend before you add more colour. We do want the eye makeup to be strong but we don’t want to look like we have a black eye. NOTE: Leave the middle of the lid and the inner corner bare!
- Go back into the crease with a very small amount of the matte brown shade and blend like crazy!
- Use a gold, shimmery shadow all across the lid (where you left it bare). Keep the shimmery colour solely on the lid. Do not bring it up into the crease. We want to keep the crease and the outer V as matte as possible.
- Highlight the inner corner of the eye with a shimmery, iridescent, white or pale gold eyeshadow.
- Line the upper lashline with black liquid liner. I flicked the liner out just slightly.
- Line the outer 2/3 of the bottom lashline with the matte black eyeshadow. Keep the shadow as tight the lashline as possible.
- Use a small, fluffy brush and the matte brown eyeshadow and blend out the black shadow on the lower lashline.
- Coat the upper and lower lashes with two coats of black mascara.
- OPTIONAL: Pat some gold glitter on top of the gold, shimmery eyeshadow for some extra glam.
- OPTIONAL: Add some false lashes to the upper lashline to up the drama.
Here are a few more pics of the final eye look. I did not add false lashes yet as this was just a run-through. But we will be putting some on for the actual graduation day.
I hope you liked this eye look! I will be doing an in-depth post on skin perfecting and face makeup for photos soon!
Thanks for checking in with The Beauty Remedy. Please like this post and leave a comment. I’d love to hear from you!